Monday 7 July 2014

EnkElination "Tears of Lust" Review by Amelia

Current Line-Up:
Elina - Vocals
Shadow - Guitars
Alasdair - Bass
Ben - Drums

Tracklisting:
01 Tears of Lust
02 Higher Ground
03 Never Ending
04 Lullaby
05 Insane
06 What Have You Become
07 Reborn
08 Chimeras
09 Changeling
10 Abyss
11 Last Time Together

EnkElination are a symphonic metal quartet based in London. Founded by former opera singer Elina in 2011, the band will be releasing their debut album "Tears of Lust" on 21st July 2014. 

I pressed the play button to listen to "Tears of Lust" not knowing much about the band and, needless to say, I was very impressed with the album especially considering that this is their debut album. I would say it's your generic symphonic metal in the sense that it's got all the ingredients a symphonic metal fan could wish for in an album... classical female vocals, heavy guitar riffs topped with soft keyboard notes but, there's something about this album that I can't quite put my finger on. I mean, it took me a little longer to write this review when compared to other reviews I've written just because I couldn't find the right words to describe what I thought and felt about the album.

There isn't a dud song on the album as they are all well written both musically and lyrically. EnkElination, I would say, are up there with Delain when discussing the essence of professionalism about the band. All that's left to say is, give "Tears of Lust" a go if symphonic metal is your thing. If it isn't, give it a go anyway. I think it would be a great album to start off with if you want to get into the genre but don't know where to begin. 

EnkElination - Tears of Lust 

No comments: