Wednesday 18 June 2014

Noisy Toyz Forever One Review by Amelia


Current Line-Up: 
Lisa Axworthy - Vocals 
Mars Marshall - Guitars, Keyboards, Orchestrations 
Dave Jenkins - Bass
Steve Cartwright - Drums

Tracklisting: 
01 Avalon 
02 In Paradise 
03 Forever One 
04 Trail of Tears 
05 April Rain 
06 Salvation 
07 Memories 
08 Path of Eternity 
09 Broken Dreams 
10 The Last Dance

First and foremost, can we just take a moment to appreciate "The Phantom of the Opera" esque artwork? I think it fits nicely with the lyrical themes running throughout the album. 

Speaking of the album, it was truly a pleasure to listen to. The opening track "Avalon" stuck out to me the most for I felt as though it was like I was listening to a musical. "In Paradise" will have you humming the song long after you are done listening to the album. The title track "Forever One" has a very Within Temptation feel to the song what with Lisa presenting the listener with her higher notes. "Trail of Tears" is one of my favourites on the album as I find it's one of the more darker songs and it's very reminiscent to the sound of Leaves' Eyes. 

All in all, I was very impressed with the quality of the album as a whole and I look forward to hearing more from the band in the future. If you are familiar with symphonic metal, don't hesitate to give these guys a listen. You won't be disappointed!

You can purchase "Forever One" from their webshop: http://www.noisytoyz.co.uk/music.html  

No comments: