Monday 25 March 2013

Nightland In Solemn Rise Review by Amelia

Tracklist:
01 In Solemn Rise
02 Soulprison of Pain
03 Diamond Siren
04 Knights of the Dark Empire
05 Nightland


I first heard of Nightland when they followed me on Twitter. I decided to check out their music and I really liked what I heard!

At first listen, you would think they're from Finland or Sweden so I was surprised to read that they were, in fact, from Italy. Italy appears as somewhat of a "home" for power metal (Rhapsody of Fire, Vision Divine, Secret Sphere, Ancient Bards etc) nevertheless, Nightland are deserving of a spot amongst such names.
Their first release "Knights of the Dark Empire" sets a musical base for the band, demonstrating their grandeur which proceeds onto their latest release, "In Solemn Rise". What continues to draw me to the band is the quality of their songs. I have been put off many bands due to their vocals being mixed too low or their drums too high etc but what I like about this band is how well their songs are blended together. I took the time to listen to everything they've put  online so far and I don't have anything bad to say about what I've heard. I've found myself going back and listening to them every now and then!
The band have also recorded a music video for "Diamond Siren" which is taken from "In Solemn Rise". When I watched the video for the first time, it reminded me of "Dio Meets Ensiferum" but, of course, in a good way!
All in all, Nightland is definitely a band worth checking out.

Highlights: Soulprison of Pain, Knights of the Dark Empire, Diamond Siren
Rating: 8/10

No comments: